Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Girls On a Wire

My horoscope for the year tells me that my bouts of intense introspection (with accompanying melancholia), will come to an end in 2012 as the planets do another of their kick-drum shuffles. I'd hate to lose the instrospection, but I sure won't miss the melancholia.

This large canvas is the last (I hope) in a series of works that tries to make sense of the path from childhood to adulthood. The implication being that I will at last have made sense of the path from childhood to adulthood. Obviously this project is incomplete, but I do have the underlying levels of transparency right where I want them. A few more miles to go before I can sleep, I think.

I've been using the same group of old photos in my work lately, which helps me to eliminate mental clutter and to stay focused on plumbing the emotions I am wanting to express. If you visit my gallery at http://weedlace.deviantart.com, and click the "Gallery" tab, you'll see the other works that use these images.


Girls on a Wire, Laura Tringali Holmes, paper on paper with mixed media

And a couple of details:

Girls On a Wire detail 1, Laura Tringali Holmes, paper on paper with mixed media

Girls On a Wire detail 2, Laura Tringali Holmes, paper on paper with mixed media

Thanks for listening, as always.

4 comments:

Cynthia Monica said...

Love this collage and it was wonderful to visit your website and view more of your work!

Anonymous said...

I like your collage!!! You've done a great job incorporating the images...tells a great "story"!!

Unknown said...

wonderful and true self expression you are experiencing ... lovely work!

Laura Tringali Holmes said...

Thank you most kindly, Cynthia, Dave, and Kimmie. Your comments are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...