Monday, November 28, 2011

Me and You

"Just Draw," Laura Tringali Holmes, 2011
Hand collage with papers, acrylics, and inks, 8 x 10 on canvas board
Text and image snips from Progressive Tailor magazine, Grade Teacher magazine, 
Popular Science Monthly, and Birds of America

An award! Received by me! For up and coming bloggers! A designation I embrace with great happiness and pride. I speak of the Liebster Award, which recognizes and showcases rising bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. The origins of the award are German--the word “liebster” in German means “favorite” or “dearest.”

I received this award from Amy at Four Corners Design. When I first started blogging five months ago, one of my first finds was Amy's blog: http://fourcornersdesign.blogspot.com/ If you look at her header montage, there is a little snip of text that says “ substance from a solution.” Her creations—and her blog—are just that. Her work is pure invention, her tableux winsome, her photos enchanting. Yes. Definitely visit Amy.
In accepting the Liebster Award, participants agree to the following terms: 

1. Thank the awarder and link back to his or her blog.
2. Copy and paste the award to their blogs.
3. Choose five blogs to receive the Liebster Award and let these bloggers know by commenting on their blogs.

Here are my five blogs. The first four focus on art. The last on the list is the blog of a young woman who was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma a day after her 24th birthday. All of these blogs inspire me in all sorts of ways, and I am grateful for the internet community that makes this sort of communication possible. I hope you'll visit these bloggers and show them your support.
http://carolereidartist.blogspot.com/

http://lawendula.blogspot.com/







7 comments:

amy of studio four corners said...

congrats to you! your choices are wonderful - its been great to see the blog love spread around - and to be exposed to new/challenging/insightful blogs...will I even get any work done today...I am lost in blogland!
amy of four corners design

Carole Reid said...

Congrats to you and thank you from me! I will check out the other winners. Have a great week.

Caterina Giglio said...

i really like your collage, the cardinal out of scale is a stunner....

Laura Tringali Holmes said...

Kind thanks, La Dolce Vita. He's balanced rather precariously on that stem of Queen Anne's Lace, methinks!

Unknown said...

I love this piece :)

P.s. great new picture of you in your profile too :)

Anonymous said...

Love this piece...great play on words and images!!!

Now I'll have to check out all your choices...so many great blogs to go visit!!

Laura Tringali Holmes said...

Kimmie, thank you kindly!
Dave, glad you got the word connection thing. Words inspire me, even when I deconstruct them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...